Online Training for Environmental Professionals
With changing global climate and widespread awareness about human activity as its cause, environmental sciences have become increasingly important in our societies. Demand for environmental engineers is at an all time high today. We expect a demand for tens of thousands of environmental professionals from public and private sector in the next 5 years. Staying on top of your profession has never been more important.
Environment Professionals use principles and theories in soil science, biology and chemistry to develop solutions to environmental problems. In the public sector, these professionals improve recycling, waste removal, water and air pollution.
According to national statistics, professionals employed in different private and public environment management roles can earn $66,000 on average per year. Many professionals switch to the private sector where the pay is higher, after accumulating experience and skills in the public sector.
Environmental engineers courses include:
- Prepare and review reports on environmental investigation and update existing records as new data is brought forward
- Environmental professionals design projects that improve environmental protection, such as air pollution control systems, waste disposal systems, water purification facilities and operations that convert waste to energy.
- Prepare and maintain plans, permits, and standard operating procedures required for the daily operations of an organization.
- Environmental professionals provide technical support for remediation of pollution caused by projects and provide counsel for legal actions in cases related to environmental damage claims.
- Perform analysis of scientific data and carry out quality-control checks to ensure compliance.
- In public office, these engineers inspect industrial and municipal facilities and programs to ensure compliance with legal regulations.
- After implementation, engineers monitor the progress of environmental improvement programs.
- Engineers also provide guidance to the management for cleaning up contaminated sites and create an infrastructure to avoid future contamination.
Environmental Professionals Training Courses
Environmental Professionals Skills and Training
Staying on top of the environmental laws is tough. Our courses help you keep in front of the regulatory changes and practices that help keep you in compliance and away from lawsuits. Let our courses and professionals who teach them give you the tools you need to stay informed and up to date.
Some of the necessary skills required for upkeep in the profession include the following.
Professionals working in the environmental industry must have a moderate understanding of sciences such as biology, biochemistry, organic and inorganic chemistry. The technical knowledge helps professionals identify and understand problems and find solutions.
Solving environmental problems and waste management is not an isolated job. Environmental professionals must work with other technicians and scientists towards a common goal and must have good listening and communicating skills.
Problem Solving Skills
Environmental professionals often work to solve several unrelated problems at once. These could include workers’ safety issues, pollution management and waste reduction. A competent professional must have the ability to find solutions in complex situations and this is an important skill to develop during training.
Environmental Training Online
Learn more than just environmental courses. Professional training in other areas besides environmental studies allows you to progress to a higher level within your organization. This will help you stay well rounded in your profession and shows your company that you are a looking to achieve more and go above and beyond.
Stay Up to Date on CE Credits
Licensed engineers are called professional engineers (PEs). These professionals can oversee the work of other engineers, sign off on projects and provide services directly to the public. Licensed environmental professionals need continuing education credits to keep their license active. Many of our courses offer credits that can help you keep your license and credentials up to date. Check each course for credits approved. If you have any questions, contact our continuing education credit department today.
At Lorman, we offer a number of courses for environmental training online. Our courses are suitable for beginners and advanced level professionals that are already working in the environment agency and looking to improve their skills. You can be confident about starting your career in environment after achieving your online training in environmental studies from our institute.
Online courses have a significant advantage over regular courses. They are easy to enroll in and studies are quite flexible. Online courses allow you to continue your current occupation without disruption. The best thing about these courses is that they are incredibly cheap while covering all essential elements of a regular classroom course.