Fulfill your PACE continuing-education requirements with our live webinars, OnDemand courses, online training and resources.
The Paralegal Advanced Competency Exam (PACE) is a high-level certification for experienced paralegals looking to advance their careers. Certification requires passing a four-hour multiple-choice exam consisting of 200 questions. Testing is not region-specific, but rather requires a combination of advanced application of general knowledge, paralegal experience and critical analysis. The five domains covered in the testing include:
- Administration of client legal matters
- Development of client legal matters
- Factual and legal research
- Factual and legal writing
- Office administration
Who Can Sit for the PACE Exam?
Qualifications required to sit for the PACE exam include:
- A bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies, or the separate completion of a bachelor’s degree and a paralegal certification program, plus two years of professional experience
- A bachelor’s degree in any subject, plus three years of professional experience
- An associate’s degree in paralegal studies, plus six years of professional experience
With PACE certification, you will be well-positioned to take the next steps professionally – the credential is widely recognized by employers as a demonstration of advanced competency and paralegal expertise.
Keeping Your Certification Valid
One of the reasons why PACE certification is so widely recognized is its stringent continuing-education requirement. In order to recertify, it is necessary to complete 12 hours of approved continuing education over a two-year period, including 1.0 hour of ethics training.
While this requirement involves a significant ongoing time commitment, there are many ways to earn PACE credits online. Lorman Education Services offers both live webinars and self-study courses that can help you fulfill your biennial training requirements.
PACE Courses at Lorman Education Services
Lorman Education Services’ PACE courses are developed by our carefully selected faculty, which includes legal experts from some of the Top 350 firms nationwide. Training programs are up-to-date and offer useful insights based equally on the technical aspects of the law and the practical realities paralegals face in today’s busy organizations.
Many of our courses treat issues at the state level while others are national in scope. Some recent webinars have included:
- Directors' and Officers' Liability Insurance: Current Topics and Key Issues
- Bringing Value to Neck and Back Injury Claims – Hard Facts About Soft Tissue Injuries
- Attorney's Guide to Oilfield Drilling, Completion and Production Operations, and Equipment
We host dozens of webinars every month, ensuring that no matter what your specific area of practice entails, you’ll find something useful in our programming. You can also browse our extensive OnDemand archive consisting of previously recorded webinars, white papers, slideshow presentations and other self-study courses, all of which can be downloaded or streamed at your convenience.
Start Earning PACE Credits Online With Lorman Education Services
PACE certification is a major accomplishment for any paralegal. Once you’ve reached this level in your career, our courses provide the insights you need to keep growing and expanding your expertise. To make the most of your training budget, consider purchasing an All-Access Pass. Just $699 lets you take an unlimited number of PACE courses and other paralegal training for an entire year. Purchase yours today or contact our customer response team for more information.