Find NALA-approved continuing-education live webinars, seminars, OnDemand and online training at Lorman Education Services.
A nonprofit organization with a membership of more than 18,000 professionals, NALA is a leading provider of certification and continuing education for paralegals. NALA’s Certified Paralegal and Advanced Paralegal programs are some of the most-recognized certifications in the legal industry. Achieving either is a great way for ambitious professionals to expand their skillset and advance their careers.
Continuing education is an important component of becoming NALA-certified. Because laws are constantly changing, and the role of the paralegal is evolving along with them, keeping your training up-to-date is essential.
NALA Training Options
NALA’s Certified Paralegal program establishes a national standard for paralegal training. Becoming certified requires passing an exam consisting of five sections:
- Legal ethics
- Judgment and analytical ability
- Legal research
- Substantive law
After passing the initial exam, certification is valid for a period of five years. However, during this time it is expected that paralegals will continue to take NALA courses online. In order to recertify once the five-year period is up, it must be demonstrated that 50 hours of approved continuing education has been completed – five of which must address a topic related to professional ethics.
Certified paralegals may also use continuing education to work toward Advanced Paralegal Certification, which demonstrates their mastery of one of 26 practice areas.
Earn NALA Credits Online at Lorman Education Services
At Lorman Education Services, we’re proud to offer a large catalogue of approved NALA courses that can be taken online at your convenience. Developed and led by our expert faculty, our courses are accessible, insightful and can be put toward your NALA recertification requirements. We offer two main ways to earn NALA credits online:
- Through our live webinars, which can be accessed from any computer or mobile device. We host dozens of live training events every month, which give you the unique opportunity to interact virtually with your peers, as well as our faculty.
- Through self-study training in our OnDemand archive. If you can’t take time away from your day to attend a training program, you can download or stream archived NALA courses at your convenience. Available content includes previously recorded programs as well as slideshow presentations, technical manuals and more.
We take great care to offer training programs that anyone can benefit from, regardless of where they are in their career. Recent webinar topics have included:
- How to Avoid the Most Common Legal Ethical Malpractice Claims
- Helpful Microsoft Excel® Uses for Savvy Paralegals
- New Rule 502: Attorney-Client Privilege and Work Product Limitations on Waiver
Browse upcoming and archived programs by following the links on this page. Got a question about any of our training programs? Our customer response team will be happy to help – call or email our office today for assistance.
Purchase an All-Access Pass and Start Training Right Away
NALA certification – and the ongoing commitment to continuing education – is an investment in the future of your career. Make the most of it with a Lorman Education Services All-Access Pass. For just $699, you get a full year of unlimited training opportunities, including both webinars and OnDemand content. Purchase yours today and start working toward NALA recertification the convenient and affordable way.