Fulfill your NALA Certified Paralegal (CP) continuing-education requirements with our live webinars, OnDemand courses, online training and resources.
The legal profession is constantly changing and, with it, so is the role of the paralegal. The NALA Certified Paralegal (CP) program was created to provide a recognizable standard for paralegal training. Certified professionals have passed a comprehensive exam and made a commitment to their ongoing continuing education. As a result, paralegals with CP training are better positioned to adapt to changing on-the-job requirements and more competitive when trying to advance their careers.
CP Continuing-Education Requirements
Once youâ€™ve passed your initial CP exam, your certification is valid for a period of five years. During this time, you are expected to keep making your continuing education a priority, either through approved online CP courses or through other activities. To recertify, you must demonstrate that you have completed 50 credit hours of training, of which 5.0 must be in a topic related to professional ethics.
Lorman Education Services has a large inventory of courses that can help you earn CP credits online. Our training programs include:
- Live webinars: Our live webinars are the best way to earn NALA CP credits while interacting directly with others in your field. We host dozens of live training events every month â€“ all you need to join is a computer or mobile device with a working internet connection. Our webinars are developed and led by recognized legal experts, many of whom come to us from Top 350 nationwide firms. Check out our catalogue of upcoming courses by following the links on this page.
- OnDemand courses: Donâ€™t have time to attend a live webinar? Donâ€™t worry. Weâ€™ve archived previously recorded training programs for you to download or stream at your convenience. In addition to that, youâ€™ll also find a wide range of manuals, e-books and other training materials in our OnDemand catalogue.
NALA CP Courses
Get more information about our complete selection of NALA CP courses by contacting our customer response team directly by phone or email.
Training Programs for Todayâ€™s Professionals
In addition to being accessible, Lorman Education Servicesâ€™ CP courses are designed to offer valuable insights that help you do your job better. We believe continuing education is about more than simply meeting your training requirements â€“ itâ€™s about building skills for a better career. Our webinars and self-study courses cover a diverse range of topics, including:
- Managing Mobile: BYOD Updated for Today's Workplace
- New Rule 502: Attorney-Client Privilege and Work Product Limitations on Waiver
- Court Proceedings in the Social Media Era: How to Protect Your Client and Your Case
All programming is updated to reflect the latest state and federal laws, as well as the larger cultural and technological changes that inform the way you work.
Starting Earning CP Credits Online Today
Register for an upcoming webinar or download OnDemand content today to start earning CP credits online with Lorman Education Services. Better yet, purchase an All-Access Pass and get a full year of unlimited training as well as a number of exclusive perks â€“ all for the low price of just $699.