Find NAEA-approved continuing education live webinars, seminars, OnDemand and online training
The National Association of Enrolled Agents is one of the the oldest and best-respected professional organizations for enrolled agents in the country. With a membership of over 11,000, the organization is committed to establishing consistent standards for enrolled agents, as well as other advocacy and education projects.
If you’re an accountant or lawyer who represents taxpayers before the IRS, certification from the NAEA is a nationally recognized standard that speaks to your mastery of the tax code. Getting certified can help you both win new business and better serve the clients you already have.
Certifications From the NAEA
The NAEA offers two main certification programs for enrolled agents:
- EA certification: EA certification requires passing a three-part exam covering individual taxation, business taxation and representation, practice and procedures. There are no prerequisites to sit for the exam — as a result, getting certified can be a good entry into the enrolled agent professional field for individuals who lack formal credentials as a lawyer or CPA.
- NTPI fellowships : Fellowship in the National Tax Practice Institute (NTPI) is open to enrolled agents, tax attorneys and CPAs. Becoming an NTPI Fellow requires completing a three-year course of study that touches upon all aspects of the US tax code. It is one of the highest certifications an enrolled agent can attain.
Continuing education requirements for both EA-certified professionals and NTPI Fellows exceed IRS standards for enrolled agents. The NAEA requires that all its members complete 30 credit hours of approved training every calendar year. This can overlap with IRS standards, which require the completion of 72 credit hours every three-year period, including 2.0 credits in ethics.
Meeting Your Continuing Education Requirements at Lorman Education Services
The NAEA’s demanding continuing education requirements reflect the fact that the tax code is constantly changing and that the role of an enrolled agent requires an up-to-date knowledge of the latest developments.
At Lorman Education Services, we understand the need for training that allows you to earn NAEA credits online while keeping your skills up-to-date. Our NAEA courses include live webinars, which give you the opportunity to interact virtually with our expert faculty, and OnDemand courses, which can be downloaded or streamed at your convenience.
We host dozens of tax webinars each month, many of which can be put toward your annual continuing education requirement. Previous NAEA courses have included:
- Tips for Handling IRS Field Audits
- 1099 Reporting of Payments to Attorneys and Other Third-Parties
- Navigating Form 4562: Your Complete Guide to Depreciation and Amortization
Check out our catalog for a full list of upcoming webinars or browse our archive to find previously recorded courses and other self-study materials.
Start Earning NAEA Credits Online Today
Lorman Education Services makes it easy and affordable to meet your continuing education requirements online. For the best value, consider investing in our All-Access Pass. For just $699, pass holders can take an unlimited number of NAEA courses and other tax training programs for an entire year. Purchase yours and get started today!