Lorman Education Services offers multiple convenient ways to earn credits toward RHIA recertification.
As a healthcare professional, managing patient records in a confidential, efficient manner is critical to your career success. Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is a widely recognized credential for anyone whose work regularly interfaces between patients, physicians and insurers. It recognizes:
- Expertise in managing patient health and medical records, in collecting and analyzing patient data and in the use of electronic document management systems
- A comprehensive understanding of medical, administrative, ethical and legal requirements and standards related to patient care
- Management skills and the ability to interact with the different levels of an organization involved in delivering healthcare services
Achieving certification is an involved process, requiring the successful completion of academic requirements as well as a comprehensive exam. Because healthcare is a rapidly changing field, all RHIA-certified professionals must also undergo ongoing continuing education from an approved provider.
AHIMA RHIA Courses
RHIA Courses From Lorman Education Services
Continuing education credits for RHIA recertification can be earned through any approved online or distance learning program. According to AHIMA regulations, a minimum of 80% of credits per recertification period must cover a topic within the domain of health informatics and information management (HIIM). This includes technology, management, performance improvement, privacy, clinical foundations and a range of other topics.
At Lorman Education Services, you can earn RHIA credits online through training programs such as:
- Virtual Home Care: Remote Monitoring of Patients
- Medical Privacy Rights of Minors
- HIPAA Ruling Regarding Correspondence Through Text Messages and Emails: Is Your Organization Compliant?
We host dozens of live webinars every month, all of which can be easily accessed from any computer, and we are regularly attended by professionals from around the country. As well, we have an extensive archive of OnDemand RHIA courses available for streaming or downloading at your convenience. Whichever way you prefer to learn, our training programs help you meet your annual recertification requirements without taking extensive time away from other responsibilities.
Meaningful Training for Today's Healthcare Professionals
All Lorman Education Services RHIA courses are based on the latest laws and best practices relevant to healthcare information management. Training programs have been developed by our expert faculty, who have been carefully chosen for the informed perspective they bring to some of the most important topics in your discipline. When you train with Lorman Education Services, not only can you earn credits toward RHIA recertification, but you can also:
- Manage risk more effectively by staying on top of the latest privacy laws
- Learn techniques that help you do you job better
- Explore new and emerging areas that can position you for future success
We've made it especially easy and economical to enjoy all these benefits and more with a Lorman Education Services All-Access Pass. For just $699, you can take an unlimited number of RHIA courses and other training programs, including both live webinars and OnDemand content. Purchase yours and start earning RHIA credits online today.