Lorman Education Services offers multiple convenient ways to earn credits toward CHTS recertification. Technology is constantly changing the way healthcare professionals work. As the use of electronic health records increasingly becomes the norm, there will continue to be a need for trained professionals who understand both the technical background and the practical considerations of IT in a healthcare setting.
Lorman Education Services has been a leading provider of continuing professional education since 1987. If you're considering making a career change, we have a wide range of training programs that can prepare you to sit for the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Certified Healthcare Technology Specialist (CHTS) exam. If you're already certified, our online CHTS courses can help you fulfill your ongoing continuing education requirements.
CHTS Certification Options
To support the diverse working requirements of healthcare IT professionals, AHIMA offers several distinct CHTS exams and certification options:
- Clinician/Practitioner Consultant (CHTS-CP)
- Implementation Manager (CHTS-IM)
- Implementation Support Specialist (CHTS-IM)
- Practice Workflow and Information Management Redesign Specialist (CHTS-PW)
- Technical/Software Support Staff (CHTS-TS)
- Trainer (CHTS-TR)
Detailed information about each certification can be found on the AHIMA website. All require passing a multiple choice exam and completing a minimum of 20 continuing education credits every two-year recertification period.
AHIMA CHTS Courses
Earning CHTS Credits Online
Staying on top of the latest developments in the worlds of healthcare and IT shouldn't take time away from your day-to-day responsibilities. That's why Lorman Education Services offers professionals two easy ways to earn CHTS credits online:
- Live webinars. We host dozens of live training events every month, which can be attended from anywhere in the country. Connect with others in your field and learn directly from our expert faculty — all you need is a computer.
- OnDemand training. If you don't have time to attend a live webinar, don't worry. We have an extensive archive of previously recorded CHTS courses, as well as white papers and other self-study options, that can be downloaded or streamed at your convenience.
Browse our catalog of upcoming and archived training programs by following the links on this page. In-Depth Training Content for Today's Professionals
All CHTS courses, both live and OnDemand, are designed to offer valuable content to IT professionals at any stage of their career. Some topics addressed include:
- Privacy and Security Issues in Cloud Computing in Health Care
- HIPAA Security Compliance Challenges after the HITECH Act
- Protecting Against Health Care Fraud: Strategies, Tips and Tricks for Health Care Providers
Our CHTS courses help you meet your recertification requirements while giving you skills you need to compete for new jobs and advance your career in other ways. Best of all, with an All-Access Pass, a full year of unlimited training will cost you just $699. You'll also receive a number of exclusive perks, including our credit tracker and course concierge service. Sign up for yours today and discover for yourself why Lorman Education Services is the best place to earn CHTS credits online.